We want every employee to be a long-term employee.
Chart of Employee Tenure in Years (2018)
Structured Job Interview
We ask all applicants the same questions to make a fair comparison among candidates.
Realistic Job Preview
Following the interview, some candidates are offered an opportunity to see what it’s like to work at the firm, from anywhere between a couple hours to an entire day.
Unparalleled hands-on instruction by experienced legal professionals.
- A better commute
- Sixty kilometres from Toronto, 20 km from Hamilton
- Close to conservation areas and trails
- Near less expensive housing markets
- Competitive salary
- Competitive benefits package, which can include healthcare, dental, vision care, prescription drugs, life insurance, long-term disability, and more
- Continuing education (in most cases, we pay for your continued education)
- Career development opportunities (we tailor your job to suit your professional growth)
- Quarterly incentive pay based on docketing performance
- Corporate health club membership for employees and family members
- Team building events (e.g., health and wellness events, personal finance seminars, nature walks, etc.)
- Forty-three hundred square feet of office space, plus a 1400 sq. ft. warehouse / event space
- Modern offices and technology that works
- Flexible seasonal work schedules (e.g. if a bus route changes, or a family member needs your help, we can accommodate you)
- Work-from-home capability for lawyers and some other positions
- Teamwork approach between lawyers, clerks, and administrative assistants (everyone is equal, serving the clients)
- Staff of approximately 25 people and growing
- Performance reviews twice a year
- Active human resource management focused on fairness and low turnover
"Some employees have worked here for over 20 years. We would like every new hire to stay as long. In order to do that, we need to keep competitive in the employment market by trying to make our firm a great place to work, for everyone. We conduct performance reviews regularly with the knowledge that co-worker feedback is the cornerstone of a healthy organization. Here, you'll always have someone to go to." – Jonathan E. Cass, General / Human Resources Manager
We are always looking for new people to join our team. Please check Workopolis for current job postings or send your cover letter and CV or résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org